Affiliate marketing is a proven tool for filling seats at seminars, teleseminars and webinars. With this marketing model, you pay promotional partners a commission for every registration they generate by promoting your event to their mailing lists.
Affiliates may be your direct competitors. They also may simply be other experts or companies who have relationships with your target audience.
Affiliate marketing allows you to leverage the credibility and good will that other professionals have with your target audience. In essence, they are vouching for the quality of your event by recommending it to their lists.
To be effective at affiliate marketing, however, takes persistence and follow-up. Here are 5 tips to help you generate greater results.
- Provide marketing materials. One way you can overcome the “I’m too busy” excuse that affiliates offer is by providing marketing materials for them to use. This removes the task of creating a marketing message from your affiliates’ to-do lists. Materials you will want to provide include email messages, banner and text ads, and messages to use with FaceBook and Twitter.
- Spell out a marketing schedule. The best way to ensure that your promotions don’t get overlooked is to tell your promotional partners exactly when you want them to contact their list … and even which tools you want them to use. Spelling out your desired marketing schedule eliminates the need to “think about” when to promote your event.
- Offer special support to your biggest affiliates. If you know that a particular affiliate has a highly responsive list that has performed well for you in the past or that looks exceptionally promising, offer this partner additional support. This could include hosting a special teleseminar just for that partner’s list or customizing the marketing copy to fit the individual’s unique marketing voice and audience.
- Follow up with your promotional partners. Stay in touch with your affiliates. Remind them of upcoming marketing milestones, such as sending the next email to their lists. Watch their numbers and see which partners are generating clicks and registrations. Then follow up with those on the low end, to see if they have any questions or need additional support, as well as those who are most successful, to see if you can help them achieve even better results.
- Lower your expectations. Every affiliate who agrees to promote your events will not follow through. Most often, this is because they get busy promoting their own events, products and services … or simply running their companies. Rarely is their lack of participation intended as a slight to you. Most often, they forget or simply run out of time. Don’t waste energy worrying about their lack of participation.
Supporting affiliates involves time and resources. However, it is well worth the investment. Affiliate marketing can help you reach tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of additional prospects – people who may otherwise not hear anything about your seminar, teleseminar or webinar.
What is your best tip for boost results from affiliate marketing? Share your thoughts below. ~ Jenny